News

MJW PROJECTS IN THE NEWS

MJW Consolidated Completes Delta Airlines TOC 2 Fire Protection Upgrade Project // March 2016

MJW Consolidated has completed major fire protection upgrades and modifications to a Delta Airlines facility in Atlanta Georgia. Delta’s TOC 2 facility is roughly a 220,000 square foot aircraft hangar comprised of 5 operating bays and ancillary support areas. MJW upgraded the facility by replacing valves, fire detection system, and controls of the 24 existing fire protection systems protecting the aircraft service area. 

Delta1 

The mechanical work involved modification of piping systems to accommodate installation of new deluge valves and related trim with greater system control capabilities.

The fire alarm and detection work required extensive modifications of the releasing system, including installation and programming of a new Det-Tronics EQP Panel, installation of new triple spectrum infra-red flame detectors, relocation of the existing linear heat control panel, and installation of new manual releasing and abort stations.

The new Det-Tronics EQP served as the back bone for an independent multi-zone release system for the entire hanger. The EQP monitors 360 points including multiple points for control valves, flow switches, foam pumps and low system air pressure.

The new triple spectrum infra-red detectors are arranged in a dual release configuration that adds to the system stability and reduces the likelihood of false trips. The system is equipped with dead-man type abort stations uniquely configured for each hangar bay.

Delta2 

Delta Airlines has expressed that they are extremely pleased with the project and commended MJW for its capabilities and professionalism during this entire complex, high profile project with a compressed schedule. Thanks to all involved for a job well done!


St. Vincent’s 100 Year Statues // February 2016

On 2/17/16, St. Vincent’s Healthcare had a dedication ceremony unveiling the bronze statues celebrating 100 years of service from the Daughters of Charity, who came from Emmitsburg, Maryland in 1917. They were invited by the city fathers in 1917 to turn around the failing DeSoto Sanatorium in the Springfield area of town. Meeting this challenge with success, the sisters were moved to the Riverside area of town and renamed it St. Vincent’s Hospital. 

Stvincentsstatues

This sculpture was created by Captain Robert L. Rasmussen, USN who served in the Korean War and Vietnam. He was also a member of the Blue Angel Squadron from 1956 to 1960. The sculpture depicts a young Daughter of Charity handing a crucifix to a physician, symbolic of “passing on the mission” of service to the sick and the poor. The child holding onto the sister’s skirt represents all of us in the community that hold dear the vision and mission of the Daughters of Charity. A basket of oranges and a palm tree are nearby, representing the actual gifts given to the Daughters of Charity by the Bishop of the Diocese of St. Augustine.

The statues were installed by MJW’s St. Vincent’s team. To avoid conflicts with pedestrian and vehicular traffic, the foundation and the setting of the statues were performed at night. The demolition, site work, sign relocation, electrical, hardscape and landscaping were performed during the day. The statues will remain at the entrance to St. Vincent’s Hospital as a reminder of the service the Daughters of Charity provided for the next 100 years or more.